Holiday time is about being together, gift giving and festivities. I wanted to draw your attention today to something that Aeroplan is doing that is really exciting. For those that might not remember, I have proudly been Aeroplan’s Brand Ambassador for two years now. And why would I not be proud? I’ve been a loyal member of this program for TWENTY YEARS!
If you don’t know how it works, it’s simple: sign up for an Aeroplan number, accumulate miles, and redeem them for practically anything you’d want! Beside redeeming miles for Flights around the world, Car rentals and Hotel stays, Aeroplan also has 12 categories where you can also redeem: Activities & Entertainment, Fashion & Accessories, Eco-Friendly, Electronics, Gift Cards & Ideas, Health & Wellness, Home & Garden, Luggage & Totes, Media & More, Sports & Outdoors, Travel & Getaways and Money Can’t Buy.
Members can now give back and donate Aeroplan Miles to some really amazing charities.
- Aeroplan’s Beyond Miles program recently hit a major milestone of more than 400 million miles donated by Aeroplan Members to their charitable partners since our program launched 8 years ago.
- Aeroplan‘s partner, Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders also reached a milestone of more than 100 million Aeroplan Miles donated which is huge.
- Also, for the month of December, Aeroplan will be matching all miles donated to their partner, the Air Canada Foundation – Through the Air Canada Foundation’s Hospital Transportation program, Air Canada helps sick children reach medical treatment not available in their community. For some children, specialized medical treatment is not always available locally. For their families, the cost of air travel is also an additional burden posing serious economic and emotional hardship. Air Canada plays a valuable role in alleviating the travel costs often associated with illness by providing Aeroplan miles to pediatric hospitals across Canada.
- In addition, Aeroplan has just launched an option that when members donate their miles to a charity, they can gift the donation to a loved one (See below example).
- Launched in 2006, Beyond Miles links Aeroplan Members to ten outstanding Canadian not-for-profit organizations dedicated to improving lives and enriching communities at home and around the world. Aeroplan Members can donate miles online at aeroplan.com/donate to the following organizations to help them offset costs related to travel: Earth Day Canada, Engineers Without Borders, Free The Children, Médecins Sans Frontières, MusiCounts, the Stephen Lewis Foundation, Schools Without Borders, Veterinarians Without Borders, War Child Canada and The Air Canada Foundation.
- And finally, Aeroplan also has a Charitable Pooling program – Aeroplan’s charitable pooling program allows members to use Aeroplan Miles to support registered community charities or provide travel assistance for people and their families with medical or other emergencies. An account is established in the name of the charity, which enables people to pool donated Aeroplan Miles at no cost.
So donate today– www.aeroplan.com/donate
Please don’t forget to:
- Visit Aeroplan www.Aeroplan.com
- Like Aeroplan on Facebook (www.facebook.com/aeroplan)
- Follow Aeroplan on Twitter – twitter.com/Aeroplan
And JOIN Aeroplan today, start accumulating, start redeeming, and enjoy all the benefits this incredible program has to offer!
If you have a lot of Aeroplan Miles, consider donating a few this holiday season to help those in need… giving back feels wonderful. It also makes for a beautiful holiday gift. And Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating tonight. May this holiday season bring you love, light, laughter and good health.