If you look at a person’s daily routines and actions, you’ll likely be able to tell a lot about their health, wealth, and happiness.
Habits are key to your successes and well-being and happiness in life.
I’ll say that again for the people in the back!
Your habits are key to your success and well-being and happiness in life.
Which means, everything I often speak about when it comes to changing your life and forming new habits (remember, 21 days days to form a new habit and 66 days for it to start to become more automatic), it all works, but only if you consistently stick with them.
In essence, our life is as good as our habits. The “little” things you do each day are the difference between producing positive results, no results, and even negative results. Habits dictate your well-being, your happiness, your emotions, your career, your finances — habits are everything.
The key to creating lasting change is repetition. It can’t be a one off that you do occasionally. Transformation is created when we are disciplined and couple that with the power of repetition. What you do sometimes won’t create lasting change. What you do most of the timewill. Simply put, our habits become our lifestyle.
Here are 6 Habits to Break Now
1. Eating Late – Eating late at night may lead to acid reflux and negatively affect blood sugar management, blood pressure, digestion and weight.
2. Smoking – This one doesn’t require much explanation. It’s time to stop. Here are some resources for you.
3. Not Exercising – A recently published study showed that sedentary behavior was associated with cancer mortality risk, where a higher sedentary time led to a greater cancer mortality risk. It’s time to move your body. I’ve got something for you – 10 minutes to move with me.
4. Not Getting Enough Sleep – Studies have shown that lack of sleep is correlated with risk for neurological diseases including Alzheimer’s. We need to sleep. We know this.
Here is a good bedtime routine for you. As well, another resource to help you with sleep is my 10-minute guided mediation for calm.
And finally, SLEEP EASY is your bedtime buddy. The highest quality and purest therapeutic grade essential oils on the market (my collaboration with the pioneer in essential oils for 40 years). Trust the power of plant medicine and herbal healing.
5. Not Drinking Enough Water – Just some of the effects of dehydration on the body:
- Dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Decreased skin elasticity.
- Dry mouth and mucous membranes (lips, gums, nostrils)
- Low blood pressure.
I keep this water bottle with me throughout the day and THIS IS HOW I GET IT IN!
6. Not Making Enough Time for Friends – People who feel socially isolated struggle. Social isolation and loneliness also are associated with higher risks for:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Weakened immune function
- Cognitive decline
- Dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
This is your reminder to schedule time for friends!
Tell me which habits you are doing well in, and where you might be struggling now.