One of my favorite ways to immediately feel less overwhelmed or stressed is to practice box breathing.
- Sit with a straight spine and ground your feet
- Close your eyes or soften your gaze
- Inhale to the count of 4, hold your breath at the top to the count of 4, exhale through pursed lips to the count of 4, hold your breath at the bottom to the count of 4
- 4. Repeat 4-6 rounds of breath
- Try setting an alarm on your phone for 10:30am and 3:30pm and let this become part of your daily routine
You will immediately start to calm your central nervous system down, decrease cortisol & stress and increase endorphins.
Breathing is POWERFUL – try and make it part of your everyday rituals. You will absolutely notice a substantial difference in 3-6 weeks if practiced consistently.
Do you take time to breathe daily?