How you can listen to this episode:
Welcome back to the second season of the Erica Diamond Podcast! I recently saw Dr. G speak in Montreal on how to raise resilient children, and I was truly captivated. She’s both exceptionally knowledgeable, and extremely relatable, which you will come to hear throughout our interview.
Hear how we can foster resilience at home AND in the workplace. Know when to rescue our kids, and when to hang them out to dry! Dr. Deborah Gilboa will walk us through it all.
Listen for new episodes every second Monday!
In This Episode
- How Dr. G decided to become a doctor and resilience expert.
- How we can raise resilient children who are able to handle failure and can come back and thrive.
- Dr. G speaks to the difficult line of knowing when to help them or rescue our kids, and when to hang them out to dry. When we do help, and when do we back off?
- How to raise independent kids. Dr. G often talks about teaching responsibility and good work ethic. Does that come into play here when raising independent kids?
- Dr. G’s book is, ‘Get the behavior you want without being the parent you hate!’ Erica Diamond tells Dr. G she sometimes hates the sound of my her own voice to her kids. How do we get that good behavior the first time around?
- Kids are stressed out today. And frankly so are parents. How can we coach our kids (and ourselves) to help bring down the fire?
- How we can talk to our kids about issues like sex, their sexuality, porn, drinking, vaping, alcohol. It’s a lot, no doubt. Dr. G breaks it down.
- Things we can do to help boost our children’s self esteem?
- On social media rules, boundaries and parameters. Erica asks Dr. G, “Should we have passwords to their social accounts and at what age, when do we leave them to manage social media on their own and do we spot check?” Erica is big believer in teaching your kids the rules, guiding them, supporting them, and then letting them loose, to go and mess up, with natural consequences as teachable moments as they go.
- And more!
About Dr. G
Respected parenting and youth development expert, Deborah Gilboa, MD, is the founder of AskDoctorG.com. Popularly known as Dr. G, her passion for raising kids with character makes her a favorite family physician, media personality, author, speaker and social influencer. A mom of four boys, she inspires audiences with relatable stories and easy tools to develop crucial life skills in children ages 2-22.
Learn More about Your Host
Teaching Empowered Living, Erica Diamond is a leading Women’s Expert in Lifestyle, Wellness and Empowerment. A Certified Life Coach and Certified Yoga Instructor, Erica is the Founder and Editor-In-Chief of the Award-Winning Women’s Lifestyle Brand Women On The Fence®, Weekly Lifestyle and Parenting Correspondent on Global TV, Award-Winning Entrepreneur, Speaker, Spokesperson, and Author of the women’s entrepreneurial book, 99 Things Women Wish They Knew Before Starting Their Own Business. Erica founded the Global Get Off The Fence Movement inspiring people worldwide to get off the fence, get unstuck and thrive. In November 2015, Erica founded her fourth venture, HADRY, a patent-pending fashion invention for women. Erica recently launched The Erica Diamond Podcast in summer 2019.
Erica Diamond has been named to the coveted list of The Top 20 Women in Canada as well as FORBES Magazine’s Top 100 Sites for Women and FORBES 25 Most Influential Women In Entrepreneurship on Twitter. Erica Diamond was the Spokesperson for National Entrepreneurship Day and is a Huffington Post contributor.
Don’t forget to SIGN UP for Erica’s newsletter and tips:
If you liked this, then listen to the podcast episode for even more. And don’t forget to subscribe to the show!